One of the most crucial ways to stand out in Clash of Clans is by using your name. It makes you stand out from your adversaries and may even make some gamers smile. As your empire grows, you might wish to abandon a silly username in favor of one that makes your adversaries shudder. Changing your name at this point makes logical, but how do you go about doing it?
As soon as you begin playing the game, you won’t be able to alter your username since it needs to advance. A second or third time changing your name will also cost gems, an in-game currency that you may purchase with real money.
That said, once you’ve fulfilled the requirements, changing your Clash of Clans name is quite simple. Let’s see how it works.
How to Change Your Name for the First Time in Clash of Clans
To change your name for the first time in Clash of Clans, you’ll first need to reach level five with your town hall. From there, the name-changing option can be accessed easily:
- Go to settings by pressing the cog symbol in the bottom-right section of the screen while checking out your village.
- The “Change Name” option will be in the upper part of the screen. Press the button in the right section of the window to start the process. If you’re doing it for the first time, the game will allow you to change it for free.
- Enter your name and enter “Confirm” in the following box.
- Hit the “Okay” button to complete the change.
In addition, you’ll need to follow some rules when changing your username in Clash of Clans. Primarily, make sure not to use any special characters (e.g., emoji’s and symbols) or swearwords. Supercell can alter inappropriate names at any moment without compensation. Therefore, choose your new name wisely.
Name Changes After the First Time
Changing your name for free is only allowed once in Clash of Clans. To do it again, you’ll need to spend some Gems, and each change warrants more gems:
- Second name change – 500 gems
- Third name change – 1,000 gems
- Fourth name change – 1,500 gems
You will have to pay an additional 500 gems every name change, up to a total of 10,000 gems. In addition, you must wait seven days following a change before receiving a new username.
You can attempt a different approach if you find this one to be too pricey. More precisely, you may send an email to the Supercell support staff, and if you’re courteous, they should alter your name. Here’s how to contact the business:
- Start the game and go to the settings.
- Choose the “Help and Support” button.
- Press the search symbol.
- Scroll down and hit the “Contact Us” button. This will redirect you to your email app.
- In your message, say hello and state the reason you want to change your name.
- Say “Thank you very much,” and that’s it.
After sending your email, wait up to 10 days for the support team to change your name. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a new username free of charge.
Why can you only change your name one time for free?
To minimize confusion, Supercell mostly charges extra for name changes. It is challenging for other players to survive in their Clash Of Clans when users continuously choose a different name. Since the game doesn’t display an update if a person changes their login, they can become perplexed as to who controls the town.
Additionally, limiting free name changes to one per participant encourages people to avoid impulsive username choices. It forces students to thoroughly evaluate their decision, reducing the likelihood that improper or insulting words would be used.
How can you get the necessary gems to change your name?
Again, changing your name for a second time requires 500 gems. If you don’t have enough, you’ll need to get more, and the primary option is to buy them through the store:
- Start your game and navigate to the gems section in the upper-right part of your screen.
- Press the “+” sign, and you’ll see different amounts of gems available.
- Choose the amount you can afford and select a payment method. You can use a debit or credit card, Globe Telecom billing, Link GCash, and PayPal.
- Press the “Buy” button and complete the purchase. The amount should be added to your Gems balance.
There are many other ways to obtain gems by progressing through the game:
Harvesting and Opening Your Map
While removing barriers throughout the map costs gold, it gives you jewels in return. An average of 12 new obstacles arise every four hours, and each one is worth 40 gems. It is a simple way to get more gems because you may remove up to 21 barriers each week.
Every time you fulfill a set of objectives in Clash of Clans, an achievement is awarded. These include winning wars, acquiring gold, and improving structures. You receive worthwhile prizes, like as jewels, for completing certain tasks. More diamonds will be awarded to you if your achievements are more challenging.
Each achievement has three stages, with higher prizes for passing each one. You may get more than 8,500 diamonds by achieving every accomplishment that is offered.
Here’s how to manage your achievements:
- Start the game.
- Go to the “My Profile” window.
- Scroll down until you find the list of available achievements.
- Check out your progress toward various achievements and prioritize your playtime to earn them as soon as possible.
Some achievements are worth more than others. To earn the most valuable ones and acquire thousands of gems, you’ll need to fight other players. These high-value accomplishments include:
- Sweet Victory – You can earn this achievement by winning trophies through multiplayer battles. For instance, receiving 450 gems requires you to win 1,250 trophies.
- Unbreakable – Defend successfully against attackers. Fending off 1,000 attacks earns you 100 gems.
- Friend in Need – Provide reinforcements to allies. For 250 gems, you’ll need to donate 25,000 reinforcements.
- League All-star – Advance through your Clash of Clans League. The Crystal League gives you 250 gems, the Master division rewards you with 1,000, whereas reaching the Champion rank gives you 2,000 gems.
- War Hero – Compete in War Battles to win stars for your Clash Of Clans. Score 1,000 stars, and you’ll earn 1,000 gems.
- Spoils of War – Gather gold by receiving Clan War bonuses. Acquiring 1,000 gems requires you to earn 100 million gold.
- Firefighter – Destroy your enemy’s Inferno Towers. Obliterating 5,000 towers gives you 1,000 gems.
Also, you can collect your rewards at any time, but there’s no reason to let them sit unclaimed. The sooner you obtain them, the faster you’ll receive more gems.
Also Read: Learn How To Activate Zonai Devices
Utilizing Your Gem Box
You could come into a box filled with diamonds while you go about your everyday activities. A new box is made accessible each week, and opening it rewards you with 25 diamonds.
Even if it’s a tiny sum, it ultimately adds up. You might be allowed to change your username a second time in 20 weeks if the box itself allows it.
Building and Upgrading the Gem Mine
Gem mines are another way to get extra gems. Despite the fact that they harvest gems somewhat slowly, they are nevertheless worthwhile to take into account.
Clash Of Clans games are open to players who have reached town hall level six or above. Every month, they typically take place between the 22nd and the 28th. The rewards include gems among others, and you may exchange your winnings for them.
Also Read: How to Make a Game Publish on Roblox
Google Play Rewards
You may also use your Play Store to download the Google Opinion Rewards app. On occasion, the platform may send you marketing surveys, and in exchange for your responses, you will receive Google Play Credit. Most surveys just take a few seconds to do, and you can use these points to buy gems for Clash of Clans.
This method is only available for Android users, and here’s how to use it to receive gems:
- Download the app from the website. It’s an official Google app, so it’s completely safe to download and install.
- Sign in using your Google credentials if you haven’t signed in already.
- Turn on location on your device. Otherwise, you won’t receive as many surveys, as many of them are based on places you’ve recently visited. To activate location services, go to the menu at the top of your device and make sure the location feature is turned on. Also, enable location access if prompted by the app.
- Complete available surveys. There might not be any available when you first open the app, but they should appear over time. To get more surveys, try traveling more often and visit various businesses. The app will notify you whenever there’s a new survey available, and the answers you provide don’t affect the rewards you receive.
- Once you’ve amassed enough credit to buy 500 or more gems, head to your Clash of Clans gem store.
- Select the amount you can afford and choose Google Play balance as your payment method.
Hit the “Buy” button and finalize your transaction.
Stay on Top of Your Clash Of Clans Resources
You now know how to easily spice up your Clash of Clans experience by changing your name. A alternative username might better reflect your playing style and change up the atmosphere of combat.
In light of this, be careful while selecting your new name. Each successive modification will cost you gems that you might have used to upgrade your barracks, buy goods, or avoid timers. Create a name you’ll remember for months to prevent squandering expensive cash.
How many times can you change clash name?
One time only. This is the name you entered when you first started playing Clash of Clans, making it the first name you have ever used. You can only modify after that once.
Is it free to Change Name in Clash Of Clans?
One free username change is permitted. At Town Hall level 5, this function becomes available.
Can we sell our Clash Of Clans account?
Our terms of service prohibit these activities, and neither Supercell nor any of its affiliates have ever approved of them. The following dangers pertain to acquired accounts: The merchant can take your money and close the account without ever giving you access.