How To Play Dominoes? Here Is A Complete Guide For You
There are numerous variations of the dominoes game. We have put the guidelines for one of the simplest variants here for simplicity’s sake. It may accommodate 2, 3, or 4 players:
How To Play Dominoes?
1. Lay the dominoes down in a random pattern, face down.
2. Next, based on the number of players, each player draws a certain amount of dominoes.
two players each 8 dominoes
3 participants: 6 each
4 participants: 5 each
3. Each player must ensure that their dominoes are hidden from view; traditionally, this is done by arranging the tiles with their horizontal edges facing in; however, in our DIY version, we recommend holding the tiles like cards.
Also Read: How To Play Mash Game: Complete Guide
4. The player with the highest double (a tile with an equal number of dots on either side of the centre line) goes first and places the tile face up on the ground. In the odd case that no player has a double, reshuffle the deck and begin playing again.
5. Players now play their dominoes in a chain that keeps developing as they alternate turns. They must make sure the number of dots on the side of the domino they are playing matches the number of dots on the side of the one they are placing it next to. They can only add their domino to the head or tail of the chain.
A double is always played perpendicular to the following domino.
Any non-double played may be positioned either parallel to the next domino or at a right angle to it. None of these decisions affects strategy; players merely opt to occasionally play the dominoes at right angles to conserve space.
Also Read: How To Play War Game: Complete Guide
The double 6 was played to start the game.
Observe how the dominoes on either side of the double have been positioned so that they are parallel to one another and that they each have six dots on the side that touches the double 6.
Also, take note of the fact that the “2-4” and “4-6” dominos were put in the same orientation.
Although the “0-3” tile might have been set in the same direction as the “3-6,” the player decided to position it at a right angle in this case. (to save space). Either approach is suitable.
6. The following player must either place a tile next to the “0-3” that has no dots on one side or a tile next to the double 2 that has two dots on one side.
7. A player loses their turn if they are unable to lay a tile.
The game is over when either: a) One player has used all of their dominoes and is the winner; or b) No player can move and the winner is the one with the fewest total dots on their remaining tiles.
8. You can decide whether to reward the winner 1 point or the sum of the dots on the unplayed dominoes of the other players (deducting the dots from any unplayed dominoes of the winner if necessary). A score is kept as more games are played, and the player who earns 100 points first overall is declared the winner.
When does a player lose dominoes?
A player loses their turn if they are unable to lay a tile.
What is the rule to play dominoes?
The following player must either place a tile next to the “0-3” that has no dots on one side or a tile next to the double 2 that has two dots on one side.
Also Read: How To Play Spoons Game: Complete Guide