What Is Oasis Network (ROSE)?
Oasis Network (ROSE) is the leading privacy-enabled and scalable layer-1 blockchain network. It combines high throughput and low gas fees with secure architecture to provide a next-generation foundation for Web3 and power DeFi, GameFi, NFTs, Metaverse, Data tokenization and Data DAOs. Oasis will propel web3 forward, scaling it and evolving it from infancy to maturity. Supported by top industry backers, Oasis recently announced the $200 million Ecosystem Fund to support projects to build on the network and has several Fortune 500 partnerships in places, such as the CryptoSafe Alliance with Binance, the BMW Group, and others. Oasis is one of the top two invested blockchains by top VCs and has one of the fastest-growing developer networks in the industry, according to Messari.
- Separates consensus and execution into two layers, the Consensus Layer and The ParaTime Layer, for better scalability and increased versatility
- Separation of consensus and execution allows multiple ParaTimes to process transactions in parallel, meaning complex workloads processed on one ParaTime won’t slow down faster, more straightforward transactions on another.
- Oasis Network is the only layer-1 blockchain with native support for Rollups at the Consensus Layer
- The ParaTime Layer is entirely decentralized, allowing anyone to develop and build their ParaTime. Each ParaTime can be developed in isolation to meet the needs of a specific application, such as confidential computing, open or closed committees, and more.
- The network’s sophisticated discrepancy detection makes Oasis more efficient than sharding and parachains, requiring a smaller replication factor for the same level of security.
- There are 3 ParaTimes built by the Oasis core team already on the network.
- Emerald ParaTime, the EVM Compatible ParaTime, was built to solve the problems faced by Solidity developers, i.e., high fees and low throughput. Emerald solves both of these problems by increasing the throughput of transactions to up to 1,000 per second and reducing fees by 99%+ compared to Ethereum. This means more users will be able to use and build on the network.
- Cipher ParaTime, the confidential smart contract ParaTime, will hold the features that Oasis is uniquely capable of supporting – privacy-preserving smart contracts. As with Emerald, it boasts high throughput, instant finality, and low fees with added privacy-preserving features. Cypher enables DEX’s to stop front-running transactions, NFT users to protect their assets privately, and can potentially unlock trillions in credit and lending markets from traditional finance.
The Oasis Team is made up of top talent worldwide, with backgrounds from Apple, Google, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, UC Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon, Stanford, Harvard, and more. The majority of the core engineering team are PHD level educated, and all are committed to growing and expanding the impact of the Oasis Network. The project has strong roots in academia; Dawn Song, a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, and one of the world’s foremost experts in computer security and trustworthy artificial intelligence, is the Founder of Oasis Labs, which is an active member of the Oasis Ecosystem and one of the early contributors to the Oasis technology. Moreover, the project is backed by top VC firms and investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Accel, Binance Labs, Polychain, Pantera, etc.
What Makes Oasis Network Unique?
- Privacy-Enabled Layer-1 Blockchain: The Oasis Network is the world’s leading scalable, privacy-enabled blockchain. ParaTimes on the Oasis Network can leverage privacy-preserving technology enabling users to share their data to earn income while keeping it confidential, unlocking new Web 3 use cases like digital identity and private metaverse applications for blockchain.
- Scalable, Private DeFi: The DeFi market is still in its infancy, with trillions of dollars in existing financial markets ready to enter the space. The expansion of DeFi is limited by a lack of privacy, security, and high fees. The result is an overloaded and expensive system that’s impossible to scale. Oasis Network is a Layer 1 blockchain that can expand DeFi beyond early adopters into mass-market adoption. Enables Data Tokenization: The Oasis Network can Tokenize data. This will unlock game-changing use cases for blockchain, and an entirely new ecosystem of apps and projects on the network, powering the next generation of privacy-first applications that reward users for the value they create.
- Data-Backed NFTs: At Oasis, we believe that the next generation of NFTs will be data-backed tokens. NFTs where value is tied to the data it contains. Currently, NFTs are mainly used for static assets, such as art and music. Data NFTs take that basic idea and make it more dynamic. In addition to owning static assets, you will have an NFT that stores and represents a complex piece of data. These tokens could store both physical and digital data, e.g., financial records and transactions, health and medical records, etc. Data NFTs turn that value exchange around. Users take back control and ownership of their data. They can upload their data to their NFT and then decide what they want to do with it, who has access to it, and who doesn’t. Privacy is critical in that context. Otherwise, a consumer could face fraudulent or malicious activities. If we want to move the internet from where it is today, then part of that move has to bring the applications that hold sensitive data over to a blockchain. Decentralized networks, such as the Oasis Network, provide transparency for online transactions but keep the underlying data private. Data-backed tokens and NFTs on the Oasis Network enable private ownership while allowing smart contracts to verify any necessary information. This ensures that assets and transactions are kept confidential, secure, and not vulnerable to attack or exposure to a third party.
How Many Oasis Network (ROSE) Coins Are There in Circulation?
The current supply of Oasis Network ROSE is 1.5 billion tokens, with a total supply of 10 billion ROSE. The token distribution is as follows:
- 23.5% – staking rewards
- 23% – of backers
- 5% – strategic partners & reserve
- 18.5% – community & ecosystem
- 10% – foundation endowment
- 20% – core contributors