Table of Contents
Hello friends today we will talking about Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund. Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC was founded in 1994. After forming a joint venture, Aditya Birla Capital Limited and Sun Life AMC Investments, a provider of financial services with headquarters in Canada, launched the business. In addition to mutual funds, it also engages in a number of other business sectors, including real estate investments, alternative investments, and portfolio management services.
As of 31 May 2022, the company’s AUM stood at Rs 2,79,026 crore, which constitutes 7.25% of the industry AUM.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC allows you to choose from 185 Mutual Fund schemes.
- This includes 126 debt schemes, 36 equity schemes, 5 hybrid schemes and 18 others (including commodity schemes).
- The top schemes from Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund by AUM are Aditya Birla Sun Life Liquid fund, Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity, and Aditya Birla Sun Life Corporate Bond Fund.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC has a pan-India presence in over 280 locations across the country.
- The Aditya Birla Group, which is a Fortune 500 company, has a strength of over 140,000 employees from 100 countries.
How to Invest in Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund Schemes?
If you want to invest in ABSL Mutual Funds schemes, you can do so in any one of the ways listed below:
- Through the official website
- Through a distributor
Are Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC?s mutual funds safe to invest in?
Aditya Birla Sun Life is one of the country?s biggest AMCs and it?s regulated by SEBI, which ensures investors are protected. However, talking about safety, it depends entirely on how you define it. No AMC cannot guarantee the safety of capital when it comes to market-linked investments like mutual funds. You can evaluate and choose a fund that suits your requirement.
Which Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund scheme is the best for short-term investment?
For a short-term horizon, which usually implies an investment of up to three years, debt funds are more suitable. You can match your investment horizon to the average portfolio maturity of the fund. For example, if you want to invest for a few days only, you can consider overnight funds. Similarly, for up to three months, liquid funds are more suitable, and so on.
Is Aditya Birla Sun Life mutual fund schemes Tax-Free?
The gains from Aditya Birla Sun Life mutual fund investments are subject to capital gains tax. These taxes are applicable, depending on the type of scheme and their holding period. Check the table below to help you understand mutual fund taxation better:
|Type of Mutual Fund Scheme||Holding Duration||Type of Capital Gains Tax||Tax Liability|
|Debt-oriented||<36 months||Short term capital gain tax||As per the income tax slab in which your income falls.|
|Debt-oriented||> 36 months||Long term capital gain tax||20% with indexation|
|Equity-oriented||< 12 months||Short term capital gain tax||15%|
|Equity-oriented||> 12 months||Long term capital gain tax||10% if the amount exceeds Rs 1 lakh|
So, the profits you make from your investments are taxable as per the above table.
How can I cancel the ongoing SIP in an Aditya Birla Sun Life mutual fund scheme?
If you wish to discontinue your ongoing SIP with Aditya Birla Sun Life mutual fund, you must visit the mutual fund’s official website or the online investing portal you used to create the SIP mandate. Log in to your account and select the investment you wish to cancel. Follow the instructions to stop the SIP. You can also visit the AMC branch and submit a request to discontinue the SIP.
- On the Official app or website, click on the profile icon and select the SIPs/MySIP option.
- In this section, you will see all the ongoing SIPs.
- Click on any SIP to open a detailed view.
- On the top right corner, click the three dots, which will take you to the Modify SIP screen.
- You will see the “Cancel this SIP” option below.
- Once you click it, you will receive an OTP.
- On entering the correct OTP, SIP will be cancelled.
How can I increase the SIP amount of Aditya Birla Sun Life mutual fund schemes?
- When beginning a new investment, you can choose step-up SIP to raise your SIP contribution. You can use this function to gradually raise your investment at a predetermined rate. You must begin a new SIP for the additional amount you desire to invest if you have not signed up for this option.
Aditya Birla Sun Life Infrastructure Fund
It is a high-risk investment vehicle that has generated a CAGR/annualized return of 10.4% since its inception. 17th place in the sectoral category. 2021’s return was 44.8%, 2022’s was 8.9%, and 2020’s was 12.3%.
Can we withdraw money from Aditya Birla Sun Life mutual fund?
If you invest through a broker, you can visit the office that is nearest to you or submit a withdrawal request on the Asset Management Company’s website from the comfort of your home.
What is the process to invest in Aditya Birla Sun Life mutual fund?
A properly filled-out application form and a check or bank draught must be brought to the branch office, designated Investor Service Centers (ISC), or Registrar & Transfer Agents of the specific mutual fund in order to invest in it.