Here Is All You Must Know About Angelina Jolie Biography
Angelina Jolie Biography
Angelina Jolie is an American actress and filmmaker. Her real name is Angelina Jolie Voight. She was born on June 4, 1975, in Los Angeles, California, . She is renowned for her edginess and sex appeal, as well as for her charitable activities. She was recognised with an Academy Award for her supporting performance in Girl, Interrupted as a patient.
- Angelina Jolie, the daughter of the actor Jon Voight, grew up in New York for most of her youth until moving to Los Angeles at 11. She studied at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute for two years before enrolling in Beverly Hills High School. Later, she attended New York University to study acting. She was modelling and starred in music videos and acting in theatrical shows.
- Angelina Jolie’s first major screen appearance was in Hackers (1995), when she met her first husband, British actor Jonny Lee Miller (married 1996; divorced 1999). Like many others that came after it, the movie had trouble drawing in viewers. Jolie, however, gained a lot of attention in 1997 for her role as the segregationist governor of Alabama’s wife in the television film George Wallace, for which she eventually received a Golden Globe Award.
- In 2010 Jolie acted in the action thriller Salt as a CIA agent accused of spying for Russia and co-starred with Johnny Depp in the comedy The Tourist. Later, she took on the character of Maleficent’s main antagonist (2014).
- Jolie’s private life frequently garnered at least as much interest as her acting. The tabloids used their relationship with Pitt as fodder, and when their biological children Shiloh (2006) and Knox and Vivienne (2008) were born, there was a media frenzy. Jolie and Pitt married in 2014, but Jolie requested a divorce two years later.
- Her humanitarian efforts also attracted attention. She was appointed as a Goodwill Ambassador for the UN High Commissioner for Refugees in 2001. (UNHCR). After that appointment, she visited many impoverished countries and adopted Maddox and Zahara, two children from Ethiopia and Cambodia, respectively.
- Pitt later adopted the kids, and the couple also adopted Pax in 2007, a boy from Vietnam. After learning that she has mutations in her BRCA1 gene that enhance the risk of developing breast or ovarian cancer, Jolie made headlines in 2013 for going through a prophylactic double mastectomy. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences also awarded her the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award that year.
Also Read: Emily Blunt Biography, All About Her Here