Here is how you can make WhatsApp audio, video calls on laptop, desktop, WhatsApp web
Globally accessible WhatsApp is a freeware, cross-platform, centralised instant messaging (IM) and voice-over-IP (VoIP) service owned by the American business Meta Platforms (formerly Facebook). Users are able to share photographs, documents, user locations, and other content in addition to text and voice messages, phone conversations, and video calls. Both PCs and mobile devices can use the client application for WhatsApp. You must a mobile phone number in order to join up for the programme.
Voice and video calls can now be placed and received using WhatsApp’s desktop version on Windows and Mac computers. Previously, the feature was only accessible to a small number of people, but it is now accessible to all Indians. It will be helpful for people who regularly use WhatsApp PCs for business or fun.
WhatsApp states that macOS 10.13 or later and Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 or later both support the calling capability. However, as group calls are not enabled by WhatsApp’s desktop client at this time, you can only make one-to-one WhatsApp calls.
Also Read: While adding audiobooks, Spotify’s lagging service doesn’t provide anything new.
Three things are required to make WhatsApp voice and video calls on the desktop:
- A microphone and audio output device for calls. A webcam is also required if you want to make video calls.
- You must have an active internet connection on both your computer and phone.
- In order to make calls, you will also need to grant WhatsApp access to your computer’s microphone and camera.
Here’s how to make WhatsApp calls on your computer.
- Install WhatsApp’s desktop app for Windows or Mac first.
- Scan the QR code on your computer with your phone.
- On the screen, your WhatsApp account will appear.
- Now, open a chat and select the voice or video call icon in the top right corner.
- A WhatsApp call will be initiated from the desktop.
The voice and video calling features of WhatsApp on PC are identical to those of the Android or iOS apps. It is also rumoured to be entirely encrypted.
Also Read: Be alert of third-party apps they will lead you to lose all your money in the bank Account